Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Little felt monsters



Happy Thursday everyone!  Yesterday I showed you some cards made with these cute monster stamps.  Today I made some little felt monsters inspired by the stamps.  Little kids love little toys like this.  They carry them around, stuff them in bags, tuck them into their pockets.  They are so easy to make.  Start with some felt.  It is very inexpensive at Michael's or Joann's.  I used a basic shape for each monster.  


I cut 2 pieces of felt out for each monster.  I stitched them together using a running stitch.  They are stuffed with a thin layer of fiberfill.


Once the monsters were stuffed and stitched shut, I hot glued googly eyes onto each one.  


Here's the whole gang!




I'm going to use them for some stories and songs at preschool.  Wouldn't they be cute on a garland?

For now they are living in a jar in my new, old china hutch.I had this hutch in my first house, it lived with my brother for awhile and now I have it back.  Bob painted it white and I just love it.  I'll show more pictures soon!  Happy crafting!

5 comments:

  1. Super cute!! Might give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now aren't those as cute as a button! I might need to make up a couple of my youngest boy - he likes all things little and spooky!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the monster stamps and felties!! Ooooo, this makes me want to break out my sewing machine....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! I might have to make a couple for my kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like my plans for my day off have changed. My nieces would love some of these guys, and I have a ton of felt left to play with.

    ReplyDelete